Saturday, September 10, 2011

Book Review: Two Books On Mindfulness

I have just finished reading two books I had checked out from that wonderful heavenly place called the library.  Both of these books were about mindfulness and living in the moment.  The first book I read was Calming Your Anxious Mind (2003) by Jeffrey Brantley, MD.  The second book I read was The Mindful Woman (2008) by Sue Patton Thoele.  Both books held practices and meditations for relieving anxiety and being more present in our lives.  Calming Your Anxious Mind was the slightly shorter read of the two books.  However, I liked The Mindful Woman better for the examples I could relate to, the creative quotes incorporated into the material, and the thorough content.

If you're a lady, you can probably get away with reading The Mindful Woman.  Gentleman, on the other hand, would probably get razzed by their peers if these men were reading a book of this title.  As such, the men might have an obvious preference for reading Calming Your Anxious Mind.  Overall, both were informative and helped to broaden my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment