Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thoughts of the Village Loafer / Knowledge Seeker

I think I'm going to have to change up my routine.  I notice that I hold stress when I get stressed out and I think it really messes me up.  I tried to give up skin picking and now have reverted back to stress eating.  I notice that I usually have a nervous habit in order to handle the surplus of stress and anxiety I experience.  Most of the time, I find that they aren't good habits to take up.  However, I figure stress eating is better than the plethora of drug addictions out there.

I have been dabbling in meditation and yoga.  Perhaps, those habits would be better alternatives.  I probably would benefit from taking up the habit of exercise as well.  I'm 20 pounds over the weight I'd rather be.  Perhaps it's just me, but I think my metabolism slowed down this summer when I turned 25.  I noticed that I was weeding my garden for a week, which I thought would help me lose weight.  But I gained and the weight remains.  I worked at conventions thinking I'd lose weight from the walking and smaller meals, but the weight remains.

Sometimes, I wish I could just want something to happen and have it happen without having to change my lifestyle or put forth the effort.  In some ways, this seems like the wish of the village loafer.  I just find time and time again, that I have to work my keister off to do just about anything and everything.  Knowledge takes practice and hours of effort to obtain.  Those who say otherwise are probably not the real deal.  At least, work done right can give the doer some sense of satisfaction.  That's something for the knowledge seeker to revere in his or her quest.

In the end, all I can hope for is that all the work I put in will be worth it.  Maybe once enough education has accumulated in my brain, the use of the information will become second nature.  Then, it will be a matter of pride to complete work tasks and be able to show off all the stuff I can do.  Until that day, I stand by the notion that it's all about hard work and persistence.  Good thing I'm a mathematician.  Persistence is a mathematician's best friend, so we're well acquainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment