Thursday, November 17, 2011

Halloween 2011: How A Nerd Spends Halloween

Part of the reason I know I'm a nerd is acknowledging how I decided to spend my Halloween night this year.  I was nominated for candy duty, but I had a lab report and prelab writeup due the next day.  Thus, I totally set up my laptop outside on a little table next to the bowl of candy.  I looked up a Halloween playlist from www.youtube.com and listened to Monster Mash and various other Halloween songs while I worked on my lab report.  I made the best of the situation.  After handing out candy until 8 pm, I went inside to watch How I Met Your Mother.  Then, I proceeded to work on my prelab writeup indoors.

The silly thing about this is that I had fun, singing along to Halloween tunes and working on a lab report.  I'm so nerdy that it shows in everything I do.  It was so much fun to experience Halloween this way.

However, I really do need to hone my pumpkin-carving skills for next year because my pumpkin was falling apart after I carved it.  I also acknowledge that I probably need to wait and carve it the night before.  I carved it three days before this year and it was starting to look less than optimal on Halloween night.  To be fair, the weather has been rather unusual this year.  So perhaps this is just an issue to acknowledge for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment