Monday, November 7, 2011

Periwinkle Picture in November 2011

I took pictures of my periwinkle plants today.  I figured it might be a good day for a photo shoot, since the weather is changing to reflect winter.  My favorite photo today is this one:


The reason I like this photo best is that the water reflects well on the ground to compliment the flower.  There is also nice framing with its mother plant on the left and the weeds on the right side of the shot.  Lastly and most importantly, the petals are in focus and the flower is the star of the picture.

I am not a professional photographer, but I can definitely appreciate a beautiful plant or landscape picture.  This picture is awesome!!  I'm just glad that I managed to keep these plants alive for so long, given that winter approacheth.  As I've quoted on Facebook as well: "Jack Frost could murder them any day now!!"  That is one of the consequences of winter: death of the flowers (well, for the ones that aren't biennials).  Biennials come back to life, like Jesus or chipmunks kept at low temperatures (saw the chipmunks on Nova).

No comments:

Post a Comment