Thursday, June 23, 2011

About The Story I Just Posted: Victoria's Adventure in the Land of the Purple Queen

I submitted this story to a short fiction story contest in December 2010.  When I submitted it, I wasn't sure what genre it fell under.  It was definitely fiction, but I felt it might have fallen under a subcategory of fantasy, feminism, or even science fiction.  They announced the winner of the contest and it wasn't me, so I figure I'll post it on my blog.  Partly, I'm posting it because I love it.  And in another respect, since I'm sketchy on the genre it falls under, I'm not sure where to submit it.

I also will say that it was written to disturb the reader into paying attention.  I am a feminist at heart.  I feel like this story is very honest and personal to me.  This story is partially derived from a dream I had and remembered.  I altered the story a bit when I wrote it because quite frankly dreams are often fragmented and I wanted the story to make a statement.  I didn't even tell my closest friends about the entire plot, so I'm sure they will be very interested to read this gem I held so tightly to my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment