Monday, June 10, 2013

Tattoos: Far More Complex Subject Than I Thought

I was really amazed when I read through the New Look Laser Tattoo Removal Guide (http://www.newlookhouston.com/TattooRemoval.html) and found out that some of the common components in tattoo dyes were the same components I learned were in Portland Cement Concrete.  Specifically, black and red inks can be made of iron oxide, a common component in the concrete manufacturing process.  It is amazing to think that by getting tattoos, people are becoming even a little like Portland Cement Concrete.  Although considering that people are adding art to their bodies, it makes sense that they are literally becoming more like materials used in concrete or metal statues.

There were all these metallic compounds listed as potential components to ink, which astounded me.  I had never given a thought to what tattoo ink was made of.  I thought it was the same all-around, like food dyes.  Finding out that vegetable dyes can also be a part of ink worries me for my relatives who have expressed interest in getting tattoos who are allergic to everything.  The idea that people could have allergic reactions to ink components, when these components are often kept secret for competitive purposes, brings more controversy to the topic of tattoos in my mind.

When I was reading through the New Look Laser Tattoo Removal Guide, I thought it was really cool that lasers break up the ink into smaller pigments so the body’s own macrophages can flush the tattoo ink out of the system.  Given that logic, it seems like laser removal is a more natural removal tool as opposed to other methods.

I believe that laser tattoo removal sounds like the best option for tattoo removal, given that it allows the human body to take care of the unwanted ink itself.  I also like the basic idea behind promoting the integrity of the surrounding tissue and preserving the natural pigments maintaining skin tone. 

Laser Tattoo Removal allows people to remove tattoos that did not resonate with the person when they became older.  It gives people more control over their bodies and professional appearance, so people have more opportunities to make the best possible choices for their lives.


Tattoos are a beautiful means of individual expression, but the availability of freedom of choice to change our appearances is beneficial to society.  Hence, laser tattoo removal is a very interesting topic and it is a more complicated subject than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment