Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ode to the Sky

While I was sorting papers, I found a poem I wrote about the sky.  I like it, so I will post it as follows.

As I lay in the grass,
Looking up at the sky,
I think about how time will pass,
And how the days shall go by.

I wonder where the clouds are floating,
And if they'll get  there soon.
Whatever sky they will be coating,
Will always have the moon.

The moon always shines bright,
But is only revealed by the night sky.
Everyone shares this beautiful light,
And I am inclined to sigh.

The stars love to twinkle,
And have a mysterious light,
Their greatness with never crinkle,
And will always compliment the night.

Although I love the night,
I also love  the day.
The sky knows what's right,
And keeps going on its way.

The sky is always up there,
As it surely should be.
It can be argued that, "It's just air",
But the movements are always happy, lovely, and free.

The sky's cycle will continue.
To my nest, I must roam.
I love the eccentric sky,
And this sky will always help me find my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment