Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Busy Day in the Life of an Engineering Student

Today was such a busy day for me.  I was on campus from 8:30 am all the way until 7:30 pm.  I had a morning class at 8:30 am.  After my first class, I hunted down my Astronomy professor to take notes on the previous 3 tests I took this semester.  This took me several hours, but I figure it was a wonderful start to Astronomy studying.

Afterwards, I ate lunch to replenish my brain.  After this, I walked to the parking garage to switch out my morning course materials with my afternoon course materials.  Then, I walked up to the computer lab and worked on one of my team reports.  I figured I could add Uniform Standards into the report, so I would have some idea of what to say during the presentation I had in my later class.  I also added another two slides to a group presentation and ran fire flow alternatives in WaterCAD.

After this, I went to class.  We did our presentation.  I presented well in the beginning with the story behind the development, but I was a little jumbled on the design standard material.  I have such high expectations for myself, so I'm a little disappointed in my presentation.  The important thing to remember is I have the potential to be a good presenter.  I will get there with a little practice.

Once class was over, my group and I met up to run (or in this case, attempt to run) some alternatives on pressure reducing valves in WaterCAD, fix some tables, and finish writing our report.  By the time we were done and I had made it home, it was 8 pm.  Overall, it was a very productive day for me.  I spent more time on creating study guides for Astronomy than I had intended, since I would not need to drive up to UNLV on Thursday morning at 8 am for my other class.  Hence, it was smarter to work on Astronomy today so as to free up more time on Thursday.  I'm hoping I will get to sleep a little bit more on Thursday morning than I normally do.

After using so much of my brain today, I'm so beat.  Sleep has been attempted, but it has been adversely affected by anxiety.  I am hoping that tonight will be a refreshing night of sleep.  I will keep my fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment