Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Human Need To Control Everything, But It Might Not Be Possible

Like many other females, I find myself perplexed by the actions of men.  Generally when I want to understand how men behave, I look to Google.  I type in various questions to see what answers the Google search button will produce.  

There are so many lists of how to figure out if a guy likes a girl.  Having so many lists makes it seem like there is no single authority on the subject.  Then, there are all these discussion boards where random people try to answer questions given a scenario.  The answer creators vary in how credible the advice sounds.  Some people are just crude.  Others write as if they are foremost experts, which does not seem possible.

Sometimes I just want answers to everything.  I do not want to have to appear weak by asking such questions and just have a magical device tell me the answers to my questions.  Hence, I praise the inventor of the Magic 8 Ball.  Perhaps I should just stop looking up answers on the internet and just ask a Magic 8 Ball because the reliability of the answer is probably about the same between the two. (Disclaimer: I have not conducted experiments to compare the two, so this is just an opinion.)

Are there really any answers? Or are answers just another abstraction like numbers and letters? Perhaps answers are proposed simply so humans will not go crazy for thinking there are no answers.  

It's nice to think nature lives by specific laws and people behave the way they do based upon tried and true theories.  

Accepting that life is soaked in randomness and that logic does not exist appears scary because it implies that nothing can be controlled.  People want to believe they can control nature, natural resources, natural disaster damage, people, human brain chemistry, human purchasing choices, the stock market, and a whole lot of other things.  As a result, people make theories up and do experiments to prove theories because the unknown and uncontrollable truths are scarier than temporary lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment